Director, Quality Engineering
Slack is looking for an experienced quality leader to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind. By influencing and supporting Slack’s diverse community of developers to create amazing product experiences, this team will be instrumental in upholding and advancing one of Slack’s most important values: craftsmanship.
What you will be doing
- Foster a quality mindset with your peers in engineering, product management, sales, and customer experience.
- Develop and nurture the necessary quality process that enables our teams to exceed our customers’ expectations of Slack’s quality.
- Define our northstar quality metrics and then set goals against them. Work cross-functionally to define a culture of both monitoring these goals and how we effectively move them over time.
- Lead and coach a diverse set of quality engineering managers tasked with owning automated and manual test programs.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have extensive experience building and leading teams, coaching managers, and developing people.
- You craft a strategy and set goals to meet it because you have extensive domain experience in quality.
- You lead by example, holding yourself and those around you to high standards.
- You have experience leading diverse quality teams and building technology and tools in a rapidly growing company.
- You foster inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator who networks well with your peers to both understand their product and technology requirements while also representing your own.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.