As a People Generalist, you will be the first representative of Slack’s People Team in the Tokyo office. You will be responsible for supporting the growth of Slack’s Tokyo based team. Duties will consist primarily of support for local employees including, but not limited to, acting as a first line for questions and support for local employees, requirements, supporting the cultural mission of the office, creating a consistent experience for employees, and finally onboarding & supporting our growing team. This role will work closely with members of the People Operations team globally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate the People Operations team across the globe as needed, ensure smooth day-to-day operations and administration of the offices.
- Contribute to the development, and ensure consistent compliance of corporate HR policies and processes across locations.
- Play a lead role in coordinating the administrative aspects related to on-boarding and off-boarding employees.
- Be primary point-person for all employee queries.
- Coordinate Health & Safety management.
- Support the People Operations team with documentation and paperwork with regards to benefits, policies, leaves, etc.
- Partner with other People team subject matter experts to ensure alignment and to create a strong, cross-functional team to execute on company-wide initiatives.
What you should have:
- 3+ years experience in an HR or business operations role, ideally in a global Technology company
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including benefits, compensation, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, employment law
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a high activity, dynamic environment
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- You exhibit a high sense of urgency and accountability. Nothing “isn’t your job”.
- Experience with HRIS applications, specifically Workday, is a plus
- Fluency in English and Japanese with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.