Content Strategist, Help Center
The Customer Experience Products team is essential to the company's success. We’re committed to helping our customers learn Slack through innovative and delightful support and education experiences — our team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We have a fantastic roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and our team works hard to ensure that we provide the best service we possibly can.
Slack is hiring a Content Strategist to create compelling new help content for our Help Center, manage and improve our existing content, and help us build a world-class content team. We want to provide our customers with the most delightful, human-friendly help experience possible, and our Help Center is a crucial part of our overall customer support strategy as our user base grows.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly, be familiar with metrics used to track content performance, and be able to think strategically about help content and its role in the customer lifecycle. The person in this role will collaborate with team members across our organization to write and edit educational content, plus help with the content strategy for our status site, interactive tutorials, and other projects within the Customer Experience department — all to make sure Slack’s customers have the best experience possible.
What you will be doing
- Create delightfully helpful content explaining Slack’s new features and develop guides for new users full of useful tips and tricks.
- Keep the Help Center current and accurate: prepare updates to existing help content for every product change.
- Continually refine and improve help content based on feedback and analytics.
- Work closely with other members of Slack’s CE Products team to develop and execute our data-informed content strategy.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key members of other teams at Slack, and collaborate on content needs.
What you should have
- Minimum two years writing content for web experiences. Previous experience with help writing, content management, or information architecture is a plus.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Strong, confident, and exacting writing. You can explain complex concepts succinctly and clearly.
- A keen eye for content design. You can make any lengthy, rambling document concise and human-friendly.
- Strong editing skills (in particular, making text shorter, friendlier, and easier to understand).
- Genuine passion about the opportunity to create a world-class help experience. Background in (and enthusiasm for) customer support is preferred.
- Knowledge related to Enterprise customer needs and trends is an asset.
- An interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and in making data-informed improvements.
- Sharp judgement when prioritizing tasks and a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Ability to recognize when something is over your head, and willingness to ask for help.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Light image editing skills.
- Perspicuity in all things.
- Impeccable taste in emoji. There, we said it!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.