Director of Product Management, Interoperability
Slack is seeking a product leader to help us build and grow Slack Platform and lead our efforts integrating key productivity tools. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and an entire industry by ensuring Slack is “where work gets done.” The central place where discussion happens and work is coordinated is shifting from email to Slack. There is a massive opportunity to bring together all the tools teams use: calendars, calls, files, tasks, and videoconferencing, so they're part of a fluid experience that helps teams focus and get work done.
Slack Platform’s mission is to make interactions between people and software delightful. Our Platform Interoperability team ensures that Slack customers can easily integrate the essential productivity tools that teams use at work every day: calendar, calls, emails, files and tasks. It should be easy for teams to find, share, discuss and act on key information and actions from a variety of leading enterprise software vendors like Box, Cisco, Dropbox, Google, Microsoft and Zoom. The team is responsible for Slack-built native experiences that integrate seamlessly with productivity software from a variety of providers.
You'll bring depth of Product Management leadership capabilities and subject matter experience, as well as a consistent track record of success in fast-growth organizations. You'll be leading a group of talented PMs and working with an incredible group of cross-functional partners to make sure we hit our goals and deliver results to our rapidly growing customer base.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for owning the product vision for how teams interact with productivity tools through Slack, driving overall product roadmap and execution for the Platform Interop team in concert with cross-functional peers and our VP & General Manager.
- You will lead and guide the development of a team of amazing product managers and leaders, and help them do their best work. You help people grow their careers and have experience managing managers.
- You'll balance the needs of key partners, end users, and enterprise administrators; providing infrastructure and user experience touch points that help customers get the most out of tools that partners provide.
- You’ll represent the needs of both constituents company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
- You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- You understand how teams learn quickly; high comfort with rapid prototyping, incremental shipping to deliver value to users.
- You will help shape Slack’s product development process while we grow, as part of the product leadership team.
What you should have
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience building and managing product teams, including management of managers
- Proven track record shipping simple, pleasant, productive user-facing products at scale in a highly dynamic environment
- Enterprise software experience in user-facing tools strongly preferred
- Highly technical: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Experience building great user experiences; drives elegant, simple interactions
- Experience managing products for business customers, and managing teams of product managers doing so
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Consistent track record of building and leading product teams: people want to work on your team again
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.