Recruiting Operations Specialist
Slack is looking for an exceptional Recruiting Operations Specialist to join our growing People team. At Slack, Recruiting Operations is the foundation of the Recruiting team, responsible for all things related to data, tools, process, documentation, supporting and empowering the Recruiting team to do their best work.
You will be successful in this role if you are someone who brings a high level of customer service, enthusiasm, intelligence, resilience, and common sense to our Recruiting Operations team. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. Sound like you? Are you lovely to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
What you will be doing
- Opening new requisitions in our ATS (Applicant Tracking System) and modifying positions in our HRIS (HR Information System)
- Ensuring consistent process documentation across the Recruiting team
- Providing reporting and data to improve recruiting efficiency and support the Business
- Troubleshooting issues with our recruiting systems or processes
- Assisting in the implementation of new tools, systems, and processes to increase the efficiency and experience of Slack’s talent acquisition efforts
- Designing and supporting recruiter onboarding, recruiter training, and survey programs, as needed
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve the recruiting function at Slack, with a focus on automation and scalability
- Partnering cross-functionally with our larger People, Finance and Systems teams
- Monitoring all headcount-approval and help-recruiting channels
- Auditing hiring activity and providing ad hoc reporting
- Serving as a point of contact for the Recruiting team - providing all the support and expertise to empower them to do their jobs
What you should have
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn. You understand that everything you do impacts our candidates and internal client groups. No task is too small and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high.
- A deep desire to make the candidate, recruiter and hiring manager experience simpler, more pleasant and more productive - it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours.
- An eye for scalable solutions. Solve for the long term.
- An analytical mindset. Data and process are your friends, and you are comfortable navigating Google Sheets and Excel documents.
- A high level of organization and ability to prioritize your time effectively - you can easily handle multiple tasks at the same time and are comfortable switching gears on a dime.
- Minimum 1-year experience working on a Recruiting team.
- Ideally, 1-3 years experience working in a Recruiting or People Operations team, including experience with Slack, an ATS (ideally Greenhouse), an HRIS (ideally Workday) and other solutions in the recruiting tech stack.
- You are detail-oriented and triple-check your work before shipping.
- Experience in change management and process implementation preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for technology and automation - you are always exploring new systems solutions for you and your team in pursuit of increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Discretion - you know how to maintain confidentiality but also recognize what needs to be escalated.
- Humble, self-aware, trustworthy, you treasure great colleagues and relationships and are committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company.
Please ensure you also include a cover letter addressing your fit to be considered for this role.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.