People Operations Specialist
Slack is looking for a process-minded People Operations Specialist to join our growing People team. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
What we need:
Someone who brings a high level of customer service, enthusiasm, intelligence, and common sense to our People Operations team. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. Sound like you? Are you delightful to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
Please make sure you include a cover letter with your application.
What you will be doing (keeping in mind that this role will evolve with our growth):
- Partner closely with other People functions and People Partners (HRBPs) to execute HR operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience and data integrity.
- Process employee changes and terminations including document generation, notifications, and HR systems updates.
- Participate in system testing tied to new program, system or process rollouts.
- Support with reporting, audit, and data integrity initiatives.
- Be the first point of contact for employee questions and employment verification requests. Escalate issues to other members of the People team, if appropriate.
- Assist with onboarding new hires (system entry, paperwork validation, background check administration), as needed.
- Document, maintain and communicate core HR processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging HR systems to automate and eliminate manual work where possible.
What you bring to the table:
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn. You understand that everything you do impacts our candidates and internal client groups. No task is too small and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high.
- A deep desire to make the internal client, employee and manager experience simpler, pleasant and more productive—it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours.
- An eye for scalable solutions and a passion for technology and automation - you are always exploring new systems solutions for you and your team in pursuit of increased efficiency and effectiveness. Solve for the long term.
- An analytical mindset. Data and process are your friends, and you are comfortable navigating Google Sheets and Excel documents.
- Ideally, 2-4 years experience working on an HR or People Operations team, including experience with Slack, an HRIS (Workday experience strongly preferred) and other solutions in the HR tech stack (CultureAmp, Lattice, Okta, Google Suite, DocuSign).
- An obsession with adding value and getting things done with a high level of craftsmanship. You are detail-oriented and triple-check your work before shipping.
- Expert organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively -- you can easily handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Discretion -- you know how to maintain confidentiality but also recognize what needs to be escalated.
- Humble, self-aware, trustworthy, you treasure great colleagues and relationships and are committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.