Sr. Global Safety Manager
The Sr. Global Workplace Safety Manager provides leadership in the area of Workplace safety and business continuity for Slack’s global space operations. This position interacts with all levels of management across all business units. The Sr. Global Workplace Safety Manager will provide thoughtful leadership in delivering a holistic, best-in-class Global Safety program aimed at mitigating risk, ensuring continuity of operations and safeguarding the Company’s employees, assets, reputation and brand. We operate with the highest level of professionalism and kindness to ensure that we are amplifying these beliefs when conducting business and building relationships to carry out Slack culture. Our team motto is “Never Late to Need.”
What you will be doing
- Provide quick and comprehensive response to critical safety-related incidents against Slack employees or assets, helping ensure we are, “never late to need.”
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain company physical security processes and asset protection measures across all business units to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability in all areas.
- Develop and manage creative and cost-effective global workplace safety programs and solutions to protect company employees, assets, and reputation.
- Draft and implement Global Workplace Safety policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, and best practices, evaluating enterprise-wide effectiveness and adherence to these measures.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of Emergency Response Plans, Crisis Response Plans, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Interface and communicate with other business stakeholders, partners and divisions to accomplish cooperative goals, representing Global Security in multidisciplinary initiatives.
- Design and maintain training programs on workplace violence, investigations, and other related topics.
- Manage ongoing analysis of physical security exposures, evaluate program effectiveness, and develop benchmarking standards and metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Global Physical Security function.
- Foster effective communication and coordination with CSO and security team.
- Oversee the management of our global access control architecture.
- Conduct regular system audits and safety reports on data analytics and trends.
- Oversight of the physical security budget to ensure operational spend stays within budgeted limit.
- Perform pro-active data analysis, threat analysis and benchmarking to support safety and security risk assessments including hazard identification.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of emergency response for our HQ and other regional sites that fall within our BCP/ER program
- Collaborate with outside agencies such as Emergency Services regarding daily operations and planning to ensure performance to our standards and compliance with regulations.
- Manage Environmental Health and Safety programs for Slack including Ergonomic assessments and to partner with Slack Benefits on IIPP programs.
- Responsible for managing an outsourced executive protection team in effectively safeguarding Slack’s leadership team and the Intellectual/physical properties.
- Recommend new technologies and new processes in the market to make Slack a safe place to work
- Develop in collaboration with our Events Team, planning for Slack’s on-site and off-site events and other activities to assure proper safety and security of participants.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience working in physical security and/or related fields
- Technical literacy and familiarity with various business systems
- Experience in incident management response protocols and policies
- Experience with coordinating with local, state, and federal law enforcement
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with great attention to detail
- Experience with strategic budget planning and execution processes
- Experience with contract/vendor management acquisition and oversight
- Experience with Business/Organizational Continuity Planning
- Experience with access control and GSOC operations
- Experience in large scale disaster response planning and consequence management
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.