Standards & Programs Manager
Slack is looking for an exceptional HR professional to join our growing People team as a People Standards and Programs Manager. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and are continuously refining most others to allow us to scale. We need a multi-talented team leader with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Are you delightful to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
What you will be doing
- Your team will design, implement and oversee operational programs, processes, and solutions, to meet the current and future needs of the People team
- Run and continuously improve cyclical People programs (ex. Onboarding, Engagement Survey, Feedback, and many more)
- Design or refine existing people processes with an eye to ease of use, efficiency and scalability
- Collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders in Recruiting, BizTech, People Partners, Total Rewards, L&D, Diversity, Engagement & Belonging and more to understand needs and drive impactful people solutions
- Oversee and drive the success of special projects (international office set-up, reporting dashboard design and many more)
- Implement and supervise our contingent workforce management vendor
- Serve as manager and guide the growth of a small and mighty team of operations specialists
- Partner on the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies including training and documentation
What you should have
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ease moving between strategic thinking, design and execution
- Proven leadership and knowledge in building, maintaining, and refining program, policy and process infrastructure that supports people within an evolving, high-growth company
- Natural ability to forge relationships and work effectively with clients and cross-functional partners at all levels of the company
- International/global mobility knowledge and experience working within a multinational organization
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. and global employment regulations, contracts and/or compliance standards
- Vendor management experience (SLAs, metrics, contract review)
- Experience using Slack, Workday and/or Greenhouse
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.