Staff Frontend Performance Engineer
Our work depends on working closely with other teams at Slack, so communication and collaboration skills are a must. This is an opportunity to work on a small team that directly affects how Slack’s desktop web client is built.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Should Have:
- You have extensive experience working with the performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice.
- You’ve worked with React (or at least understand why it’s important). Familiarity with Redux will also come in handy.
- You’ve been working with front end frameworks and libraries professionally for 7+ years (and having contributed to some is a big plus.)
- Diving into a new system to understand mysterious behavior excites you, and the phrase “things are slow, but only sometimes” sounds like the start of a great adventure
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- You are a strong communicator and are equally comfortable talking with your immediate team, other frontend engineers, or even backend infrastructure engineers.
- You are ready to learn, but just as excited to teach.
- You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.