Sr. Content Strategist, App Directory
At Slack, we consider an extraordinary customer experience essential to our success. The mission of the Customer Experience Products team is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. Our goal is to inspire minds and win hearts with innovative content and education experiences.
As the Senior Content Strategist for the App Directory, you’ll work with teams across Customer Experience and Platform to craft the content strategy for the App Directory, with a focus on educating customers about the power of apps. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the Slack platform and the best apps available to our customers as the App Directory grows.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative individual who can work cross-functionally to help customers understand, get excited about, and engage with apps. This role could be a good fit for you if you love discovering new tools and sharing them with others using storytelling and engaging content. You can craft a vision of how to engage with and educate customers, and execute on that vision with your team.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, plan, and execute the content strategy for the App Directory to help customers understand the problems apps can solve for them.
- Lead the restructuring of the App Directory's information architecture, using customer research and company goals as your guide
- Work with teams across Slack to craft the narrative around the power of apps.
- Work with design and engineering teams to build the tooling and processes needed to scale and improve content management.
- Develop a deep understanding of the apps in the App Directory to be able to recommend them to the right customers at the right time in their Slack journey
- Manage the App Directory team's editorial process and create featured content that highlights great apps and engages customers.
- Design experiments to identify areas of improvement or customization in the App Directory using tools like Optimizely, UserTesting, and Google Analytics.
- Curate collections of apps to help customers solve problems and streamline processes at work.
- Speak to customers to understand how they use apps and the App Directory; use what you learn to develop compelling customer stories.
- Work closely with our marketing and business development teams to find opportunities for education and promotion around partners and launches.
What you should have
- Excellent writing skills: You excel at conveying complex information simply and concisely in an engaging way. You can customize your writing style to various audiences without losing the desired tone and voice. Put simply, you love writing excellent copy.
- A broad and deep content strategy experience: You have a deep understanding of building content with the audience in mind. You rely on information architecture principles to clearly convey large quantities of information and to empower customers to find what they need. You make content that’s easily scannable and understand the power of using dynamic content to engage your audience.
- A love of storytelling: You have experience crafting a product’s content strategy and enjoy building stories tailored to a particular audience. You can distill complex information into simple and easy-to-grasp content that customers want to engage with and inspires them to take action and thinking differently.
- A drive to learn and improve: You have a love of learning and a deep sense of curiosity. You are driven by finding small and continual improvements to help your entire team improve their work. You enjoy learning from team members and customers alike, and are energized by sharing that knowledge with others.
- A collaborative approach: You can manage projects across teams and timezones, working collaboratively with a distributed team. You are comfortable working asynchronously to ensure you get input from across the team. You enjoy keeping cross-functional partners up to date with progress and happily reach out to build relationships and ask questions to learn more about their goals.
- An experimentation mindset: You look for the smallest possible next step, and use metrics-driven analysis to drive impact and understand what’s working and what’s not. You’re focused on continual improvement, understanding that the big mission is achieved by breaking things down into steps and iterating. You’re not afraid to try new things, understanding that you can learn from each draft and experiment.
- A strong desire for feedback: You consistently seek out and engage with feedback on all your work, and are happy to offer the same to your fellow team members. You naturally and proactively seek feedback from customers on your work in order to improve the next iteration, and understand that feedback is a key part to an experimentation mindset.
- A creative approach: You thrive in an environment where you’re creating the road you’re walking on. You’re always looking for the small improvement or the option that hasn’t been thought of before, and enjoy working with others to come up with previously unimagined possibilities. You’re happy to think big then focus in to build a project from the ground up.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.