Sr. Events Coordinator, Internal Events
If the thought of helping teams improve communication, productivity, and happiness at work sounds compelling to you, then you’ll fit right in at Slack!
Slack is looking for a hard-working, logistics oriented person who is passionate about being a key member of a small but mighty event team. As a Senior Events Coordinator, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across almost every organization in the company. You’ll handle the day to day operations required to make each event a success such handling invitation design and databases and working with internal and external hosts and workplace teams to drive alignment of overall event experiences.
What you will be doing
- Develop, plan, and execute events at Slack global offices
- Work cross functionally with Recruiting leads to create Slack’s presence at international tradeshows and conferences in a creative and significant way
- Contribute to event concepts for all branded events, partnering with markets/regions and cross-functional teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure regional and local relevance.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of as required, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing deliveries/vendors
- Partner with internal stakeholders and appropriate business functions to coordinate execution of their event vision
- Conceptualize and design event inventory that align with our evolving branding and corporate culture
- Partner with F&B Catering, Workplace and IT team members on event details and deliverables
- Support and coordinate company wide celebrations and landmarks geared towards strengthening Slack’s culture
- Oversee contracts, logistics, budget, creative, vendors and assets. Attend site visits, moderate negotiations and give recommendations to support staff as needed
- Make Slack a fun place to come to work every day!
What you should have
- Minimum two years of event planning or hospitality experience
- Clear, thoughtful communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines
- A team player attitude but aptitude to work independently and think on their feet
- Big picture, “sky is the limit” vision
- Fluency in Slack, Google Suite, Adobe, Splashthat and Photoshop (preferred)
- Flexibility in regards to a non-traditional work week (weeknights and weekends)
- Comfortable with 15-20% travel
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.