Sr. Engineering Manager, Expansions
Senior Engineering Manager, Expansion
Slack is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the leadership team of Expansion engineering. This is a growth team responsible for developing new features, supporting systems, and running experiments to help Slack teams grow, leverage sophisticated features and pay for Slack. This is an opportunity to lead a new team in Slack’s Pune office and make an immediate impact on a team critical to Slack’s growth and success. Our work is integral to making Slack the default communication tool for customers of all sizes, and making how they pay for it flexible and well understood.
This is a full time senior engineering position based in Pune, India
What you will be doing
- Leading and coaching a team of senior engineers tasked with delivering secure, flexible and scalable features to our customers
- Developing tools and systems for our internal stakeholders in customer support, finance, and accounting
- Crafting a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers, user research and customers.
- Representing the team to engineering groups internally, Slack’s current and future customers, and our partner organizations.
- Building a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You have at least 8 years of total years of experience with 4+ years of experience in an engineering management role.
- Experience interfacing with remote teams across multiple timezones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.