Director, Recruiting Operations
Do you love to create and streamline processes to continuously move the dial? Does your love of data integrity come second only to your passion for reviewing and implementing new and improve existing recruitment software to improve results? If you answered yes to these, we have the ideal role for you!
Reporting into our Head of Recruiting, we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Director, Recruiting Operations to join our global Recruiting organization. As we continue to grow rapidly, you will be the person to help us structure and evolve our Recruiting processes and systems to ensure everything is moving in the right direction and in line with business priorities.
With your years of hands-on experience, you know what ‘great’ looks like and know how to standardize processes for optimal efficiencies as you’ve seen what works...and what doesn’t work.
You’ll have a team reporting to you, in addition to all the support and resources you need - you just need to bring your wealth of experience, a passion for this type of work and enthusiasm for continuing to make Slack be the place people want to come to do their best work.
What you will be doing
- Proactively work with the Head of Recruitment and key cross functional partners to propose and drive system and process improvements across Recruiting that align with business needs, deliver results, and enable us to grow and scale as a public company.
- Work to develop and redesign recruitment processes, create progressive methodologies and use real-time metrics that give detailed insights into the business.
- Collaborate and work with others to identify system (process and technology) challenges and work alongside them to deliver solutions quickly.
- Working cross functionally to effectively develop plans and drive projects from root cause analysis through to deployment, effectively & on-time.
- Ensure, as we scale into new market locations, we have the recruiting operations infrastructure and processes in place that are not only compliant but are also consistent with our culture and values.
- Keep partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated and/or new systems and processes.
- Collaborate with other People team members across the globe in a positive and dedicated way.
- Coach, empower, and develop a high-performing team who espouse our values.
What you should have
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience with 6+ years of recruiting operations with a proven track record of developing recruiting processes that drive overall business effectiveness.
- Experience developing and delivering on global projects
- Experience building, revising, and delivering Recruiting processes from the ground up in a rapidly growing global organization
- Ability to operate within a range of operational details to helping shape and drive future strategy
- Experience with change management, data analytics, and implementation methodologies
- High energy, passion, and drive, with a strongly positive outlook
- Strategic vision— the ability to see where the business is headed and develop processes proactively
- Strong experience with change management
- Strong project management skills — ability to translate vision into action
- Possess leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders using data and a data oriented approach
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and playfulness with the ability to break down complex concepts and clearly articulate them internally and externally
- Excellent people management, coaching, and development skills. Experience managing local as well as remote teams.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.