Slack is looking for a Delivery Manager to help build out our project delivery organization and support our customer implementations. For this role, we’re looking for someone who is creative, collaborative and experienced. You will accelerate the adoption of Slack with Enterprise customers by ensuring that each project facilitates the digital transformation and paradigm shift in how we work afforded by the Slack platform.
You’ll play a critical role in scoping, designing, building and delivering relevant and compelling programs for Enterprise customers across a broad range of users, teams, and geographies. These programs will be aligned to the customer’s specific needs and in a variety of situations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify unique and fun ways to deliver projects
- Help to build out discovery procedures with Enterprise customers to scope needs correctly
- Collaborate with leadership on a methodology that delivers continuous results and measures success
- Continuously improve delivery methodology programs
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Manage any key issues and risks on the project
- Work cross functionally to bring all necessary resources to the table to deliver success
What you should have:
- You have 8+ years of program/project delivery preferably within a SaaS organization or Consulting firm
- You have excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization.
- You can demonstrate your ability to think out of the box and get creative as it relates to what a delivery organization looks like at a company like Slack and the technology it delivers.
- You have a proven track record of resolving issues and risks in a cross functional and collaborative way.
- You’re confident, and you easily build relationships when working with your customers and internal partners.
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- Written and spoken fluency in Japanese, business level English required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.