IT Systems Engineer, SaaS Applications
As a member of the Core BizTech Experience (Core BTX) team at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. Slack is a global company, and these services are critical to ensuring our employees have delightful technology experiences. We also partner with the Slack Product team internally to help make the platform better through feedback and insight from an IT perspective. This role is based in Denver, Colorado.
The Core BTX Engineering team is seeking an engineer with an accomplished background in the implementation, administration, and automation of SaaS collaboration services for our end users internally. The SaaS Applications Engineer will partner with every team in the company to design, implement, and support our collaboration experience. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to shape the future of collaboration technology at a company that’s doing the same to the industry!
- Design, implement, and support scalable collaboration application solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Meet with users across the business to document and understand their workflows, building the right solutions to make their technology experience more delightful.
- Excel in a dynamic environment with the ability to multitask and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and mentor others.
- Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Devise a monitoring strategy for our collaboration applications and any integrations that rely on them, or that they rely on.
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally to meet with peer teams and business stakeholders.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Maintain and implement application configuration and security compliance standards.
- Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily mentorship and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems.
- Build and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with developing technical solutions involving multiple applications to solve business and user needs.
- Strong knowledge of Slack administration, preferably in an Enterprise Grid environment.
- Strong knowledge of G Suite domain design and configuration.
- Strong background in email routing and administration, because some people still don’t use Slack.
- Background in automation and working with web APIs (REST, SOAP, GraphQL); PowerShell and/or Python preferred.
- Desired experience with BetterCloud, Dropbox for Business, Box, and Lucidchart.
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- You have the ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- You have the ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
- You have excellent reliability, dependability, and integrity.
- You have solid attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have great people and communication skills and are driven to solve people's problems.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.