SOX and ITGC Compliance Manager
The SOX and ITGC Compliance Manager will have primary responsibility for ensuring effectiveness of all IT General Controls (ITGCs) and application controls related to Business Technology. The manager will act as the primary point of contact between IT and internal / external auditors to provide leadership in managing auditing activities, requests and developing responses to audit findings, leading remediation of audit findings. The role will also work closely with accounting business partners to ensure that SOX controls that involve business systems are implemented and operating effectively.
Slack’s Business Technology department is the foundation that enables every Slack team to do the best work of their lives. We make using technology simple, and ensure every solution offers insight and impact.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Provide quality assurance of all IT General Controls through assessment, walkthroughs, and audits to ensure operational effectiveness of those controls.
- Monitor the control environment and ensure that controls are operational and in-line with established policies and procedures, and controls methodology
- Identify risks and gaps and facilitate remediation to address observations raised in internal and external audits
- Provide risk metrics to management regarding audit performance and findings
- Assist control owners with root cause analysis and track risk management action plan progress
- Guide efforts to create common control framework and uniform compliance reporting standard
- Stay up to date on changes to systems and applications and provide guidance on related controls
- Performing examination of IT General controls and application controls to determine design and operational effectiveness
- Conducting IT controls management testing of controls independent of the audit schedule to save time during audits
- Identifying and tracking assessment/audits using performance metrics
- Implementing and supervising the issue tracking and resolution process
- Reviewing the audit assessments conducted by both internal and external audit teams
- Collaborating with both internal and external auditors
- Reviewing third-party vendor attestation and audit reports, and providing feedback to business leaders and risk owners
- Provide relevant awareness training to control owners
What you should have
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Information Technology, or other quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of broad compliance or legal experience
- 5+ years of audit/assessment experience with SOX
- Experience with project management best practices
- Preferred Requirements • Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience in working with SOX, IcFR and internal control design and operations from a Finance and Business Technology perspective
- Familiarity with common enterprise and web application technologies
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.