Senior Quality Engineer
Slack is looking for experienced and skilled Senior Quality Engineers who enjoy continuously exploring and challenging the unknown unknowns that present themselves throughout the project lifecycle. This includes creating test strategies, identifying and investigating bugs, and evaluating epics and stories for risks and dependencies. We are the experts in user experience testing, driving quality toward “what is best for the user”, advocating strongly for bug fixes where customers are noticeably impacted and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities to champion quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Product development at Slack is split into teams of engineers, designers, and product managers working together on features. As a Senior Quality Engineer at Slack, you would become a full-time member of one of these teams, focusing on just one or two projects at a time to ensure that we have a solid and well-executed test strategy before launching new features to the public.
What you should have:
- A deep understanding of software testing methodologies, techniques and test design thinking, and how to exercise these in a dynamic and scaling environment.
- Ability to be impactful when navigating technical conversations with product and development driving to high quality resolutions, building confidence in quality and delivery.
- Expertise in testing of native clients and desktop applications on desktop & mobile platforms (Android or iOS) utilizing both physical devices and running on simulators/emulators.
- You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- Experience working with Unix and Git.
- Experience using mobile development tools: Xcode, Android Studio, Charles Proxy, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Work with a variety of teams - Engineering, Design, Product, Customer Experience — to design and own test strategies for new features and functionality, enabling quality from the beginning.
- Identify, develop and maintain a robust library of test approaches (manual and automated) for both new and existing features.
- Design, run and execute evolving regression testing on an ongoing basis — Slack changes frequently and rapidly.
- Partner with the Customer Experience team to continuously challenge our test strategies against most recent customer data before launching.
- Be a reliable, encouraging, and critical thinking source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
- Effectively communicate the quality of the product through meaningful metrics and applicable qualitative data.
- Help build a shared vision of Quality for the product that resonates across the whole team.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.