Customer Experience Agent, Access
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
The Customer Experience team is looking for an Access Specialist who is passionate about service reliability for customers. You’ll be joining the team responsible for supporting customers through the front doors of our service and staying connected to their organisation’s workspaces. Being a keen and adaptable problem solver is essential to succeeding in this role. On any given day you’ll be servicing a wide range of issues that are business critical to customers — from helping users navigate our login systems to diagnosing potential blockers on a customer’s network environment and crafting bespoke advice for IT administrators.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Respond to and resolve customer enquiries in a considerate, accurate, and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and identify root causes of customer problems using a variety of internal tools.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team.
- Identify, reproduce, and document well-scoped bugs for our engineering teams.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have prior experience in a similar role. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making our customers happy.
- You understand the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but know your way around APIs and web requests.
- You’re familiar with interpreting a variety of application and network logs to debug issues.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You possess a mastery of English and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- You can work with us in our office in Melbourne.
- You have working experience in IT administration and understand how to navigate corporate network environments.
- You’re flexible with work schedules and open to working Tuesday to Saturday weeks and/or 11am - 7pm shifts.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.