Sr. Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance
Slack is seeking a dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to scale with the corporate finance team and support our rapidly growing organization. This role will focus on business partnering with our Research and Development teams – (e.g. Product, Engineering, Design, Research, Platform) and will have the opportunity to take on other strategic projects for the CFO, VP of Finance, and the Engineering/Product Executives. We’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. This role has a track record of launching some of our most promising finance talent today.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help drive the Company’s annual planning and budgeting process
- Work on ad hoc strategic projects for the CFO, VP of Finance, and Engineering/Product Executives
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial BVA reports for senior management
- Assist business partners in conducting financial impact / return / trade off decisions
- Identify and measure key performance indicators that drive business performance
- Help execute Slack’s cloud hosting strategy
- Build positive relationships with budget managers (be the go-to person for all things finance related)
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- 4+ years of FP&A experience at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred) and/or 2+ years of investment banking and consulting
- Advanced in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial systems (e.g. Workday Financials, Anaplan, etc…)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Implementation experience with financial planning tools
- Experience in the Software / SaaS industry strongly preferred
- Positive attitude with high aptitude to learn new things
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and eagerness to grow with the company
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.