Business Intelligence Analyst, Finance
Slack is looking for an BI Analyst to join our Business Technology Data and Analytics Team to help drive the understanding of product, user acquisition & expansion, and success of the selling Slack’s products. This person will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with business partners to understand the business strategy and build out dashboards/scorecards to provide insights for better decisions and self-serve for smarter operation. They will be solving business problems, collaborating across teams, and passionate about having a huge impact on a growing team.
This role basically requires BI experience within a Finance background plus solid experience with SQL.
This is not a remote role. This role must be based at Slack HQ in San Francisco, CA.
- Collaborate across Finance & Accounting to use data to generate insights.
- Create and manage dashboards, scorecards, and other analytical services.
- Develop analytics solutions that bring analytics to life by using design thinking concepts.
- Design, build and automate key business metrics into one visualization to tell a fuller story.
- Build processes and standards to build trust and provide consistent metrics across the organization.
- 3+ years of analytics experience, working with Finance teams.
- 3+ Years experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar tools.
- Solid experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows.
- A plus: Knowledge of cloud tools like Salesforce, AWS, Snowflake, Google Cloud.
- Program management for business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Design thinking concepts or other visualization concepts that drive story-telling.
- Ability to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or similar.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.