Manager, Recruiting, PDE
At Slack, hiring is a team effort. We partner closely with our hiring managers and act as strategic consultants and trusted advisors throughout the hiring process.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Technical Recruiting Manager to partner with our growing Engineering team. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to scale a company’s engineering organization, work on strategic challenges, and coach/mentor some truly inspiring teammates.
You will use your deep experience and knowledge of engineering recruitment to lead, mentor, train and grow a solid and high performing San Francisco based technical recruiting team.
What you will be doing
- You will grow, manage, mentor, and lead a collaborative, high performing technical recruiting team that can scale to the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing worldwide technology company
- Define and track consistent data-driven hiring metrics and goals
- Partner with senior engineering leaders to drive progress and strategy
- Craft and execute creative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns
- Empower your team to act as a strategic business partners to members of the engineering organization
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including trends in engineering recruiting and compensation
- Ensure that you and your team maintain a high level of data integrity with our ATS and other People systems
- Own a small number of reqs from beginning to end while ensuring a high touch candidate and client experience
What you should have
- You bring at least 8 years of engineering recruiting experience, within a variety of environments and growth organizations
- You also have at least 2+ years of proven success building and managing a high performing team of technical recruiting professionals
- You have worked closely with (and hopefully at one time or another, have spent time doing the job of) sourcers, recruiters, and coordinators
- You have a consistent track record sourcing, recruiting, and closing extraordinary technical talent for senior level roles
- You are data driven with extensive experience building and defining recruiting pipeline metrics and using data to debug problems
- You’re a builder that can think from first principles. You have helped managers build and define interview processes, evaluation rubrics and sourcing strategies.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through - you have high standards and your word is your bond
- Experience and proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems and other common modern recruiting software and business tools
- You are passionate about Slack and able to speak to our technology
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.