Manager, Customer Success, Scale
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Manager to join our fast growing Customer Success organization to build and lead our team of Scale Customer Success Managers in Chicago. As we expand our customer base, this team is responsible for developing scalable programs that deliver value to our customers throughout their journey. You will be responsible for increasing adoption and maturity for our mid-size customers as well as creating repeatable solutions for some of our biggest challenges.
This will be one of the first Sales & Customer Success teams in our newly opened Chicago office and you will be a key contributor to the culture of the office. You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will lead and grow a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
What you will be doing
- Directly manage a team of Scale Customer Success Managers
- Support ongoing team growth and team member career development including recruiting, hiring, training and coaching CSMs
- Deliver high value customer engagements through playbooks for 1:1 and scaled programs that efficiently and effectively drive adoption, maturity and growth throughout the customer journey
- Engage in customer meetings to help deliver value and increase adoption
- Partner with Account Executive, Product, Business Operations and other cross-functional leadership teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Identify product, adoption and competitive trends within this customer segment and present a point of view to relevant internal teams
- Report out monthly to CS and Sales leadership on team impact and customer segment trends
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
What you should have
- 5+ years of Customer Success / Account Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 2+ years of previous management experience preferred
- Desire to lead, coach and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Results oriented approach
- Consistent track record of making customers successful with Enterprise software and achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including new process and initiatives
- Excellent coaching, writing, project management and customer-facing skills
- History of thriving in a high growth environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer adoption and delivering value with Slack
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.