Manager, Customer Experience (Bilingual)
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customised support needs. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a Customer Experience Manager in our Core Product team, you will lead and grow a global team responsible for bringing Slack’s legendary customer support to our customers. You will serve as a strategist and coach, helping your team remove every barrier to work transformation a customer may face.
This role requires strong leadership, time-management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, you will have a team of talented individuals looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organisational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
What you will be doing
- Provide personalised and proactive support to agents and our global customers.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach their goals.
- Inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- Work with the regional management teams to forecast, hire, retain, and support a global team that loves coming to work each day.
- Develop relationships across the entire organisation at Slack to advocate for the best customer experience possible.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honour the mission and culture of the Global Customer Experience Team.
- Monitor and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service.
What you should have
- You have experience building, leading, and running a global team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- You have prior experience leading customer support for a SaaS-based web application and you know how to do it well.
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreement across cross-functional teams.
- You execute at a high level and hold yourself and your team accountable for results.
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team.
- You are skilled at explaining problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You are able to work out of our Dublin office
- You are bilingual and comfortable working in English and German or French or Spanish
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.