Sr. Manager, Customer Success, High Touch
The Manager, Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. In this role you will lead the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity and growth of our Customers across Slack’s customer base in the APAC market. You will focus primarily on driving success within our Large Enterprise and Enterprise Customer segments. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSMs). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
You will understand the customer success managers’ role, processes, paths to success, and help define this within the broader sales organization. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realize business value. At a team level, you will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure that your team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, you’ll work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales and Slack organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a customer success strategy and vision for the APAC market
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion and renewals
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high value opportunities
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Hire, coach, train and develop a team of customer success managers that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Lead the Customer Success team to ensure that each CSM is successful and driving the team towards key performance metrics
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
What you should have:
- 6+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organization, with at least 2 years in a management role
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.