Sr. Workplace Specialist
Slack’s mission statement: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Are you passionate about office operations? At Slack, the Workplace team strives to maintain our global offices in a safe, aesthetic and clean condition for both employees and visitors. We operate with the highest level of integrity and kindness to ensure we are living these beliefs, conducting business, and building relationships to carry out this culture.
As a Senior Workplace Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating general office operations within the workplace. Your job is to identify and support all office needs, while anticipating future needs in a dedicated manner. Response times to requests need to be proficient and timely, with Slack’s core values at heart to maintain a welcoming working environment for all employees and guest experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for the physical day-to-day operations and supervise or influence a team that maintains high standards of service and support and helping to build a world class and supportive workplace.
- Implement and maintain all Workplace Programs as delivered to a global standard including food and beverage, catering, and inventory management.
- Coordinate operational expenses, spend, and implement the accounting process for your office in order to ensure efficient use of Slack's resources.
- Contribute to the planning of any future office expansions including property visits, contractor management, furniture procurement, space management and the coordination of employees and vendors during relocations
- Manage the relationships with the building’s landlords, maintenance staff, and BizTech personnel and all other on-site workplace vendors to ensure services run seamlessly.
- Design and execute small project plans, building timelines, scheduling, communicating, and coordinating steps to vendors with expectations and direction.
- Identify and communicate any workplace maintenance and improvements issues, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, utilities, and HVAC and storage, and providing a quick resolution to correct/resolve any issues.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with vendors to ensure safety and security systems and policies are up to standards and communicate workplace safety to employees.
- Plan and execute local events in alignment with our global processes.
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
Skill levels and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience
- 5+ years of experience in customer service/hospitality
- 2+ years of experience in Workplace or Facilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Great attention to detail with an understanding of Project Management
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe and familiarity with Slack as a product
- AP/AR experience preferable
- Proficient in English; Hindi or Marathi
- Ability to reside and work in India.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We now have offices around the globe.
Infrastructure is a diverse and inclusive team that treats their colleagues exceptionally well. We are happy to help you learn what you need to know; we encourage and support each other’s growth and thus it’s not expected that you would have expertise across all of these areas.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.