Slack is looking for an experienced, driven, and talented Payroll Manager to be a key member in the Accounting department. You will help contribute to the growth of the global payroll team. This position reports to the Global Payroll Senior Manager and supports the continued growth of Slack. Our ideal candidate is ready to jump into a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, and is a self-starter. As a member of the Business Operations team, and our first payroll team member based in Ireland, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization! Sounds interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
What you will be doing:
- Support the monthly payrolls process for our EMEA and APAC locations.
- Review processed payrolls from outside vendors by ensuring the accuracy of payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, bonuses, stock compensation, commissions, payroll taxes, employee changes, new hires, and deductions.
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly, made on a timely basis and review changes for proper authorization.
- Support the onboarding of new countries onto our new international payroll provider
- Review and approve monthly payroll accounting journals for EMEA and APAC locations.
- Help review EMEA and APAC reconciliations, support the accounting team on payroll fluxes during month end, quarter end and year end periods.
- Support the Accounting team during EMEA/APAC audits
- Partner with our People Operations Team on all matters involving employees compensation, benefits and disability payments
- Assist in other HR and accounting duties as applicable.
What you should have:
- 5+ years experience processing payroll (inclusive of payroll processing across multiple countries and business units).
- 5+ year of payroll accounting experience.
- Self Starter
- Excellent skills using Workday and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- People management a plus
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.