Sr. Manager, Sales Analytics
The Sr. Manager, Sales Analytics will lead an innovative Analytics team that enables the Sales & Customer Support teams to make better decisions that help differentiate Slack from competitors. An ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, an outstanding ability to quickly adapt and thrive in a changing environment. In this role, you must be capable of influential leadership plus have unyielding ownership and accountability to produce phenomenal results. You need to be able to navigate and consistently execute in a dynamic environment of ambiguity.
Your team will build models that help Sales understand and influence Slack’s growth, define critical metrics that monitor progress against goals set by the Sales organization. You will manage a team of Data Scientists and BI Analysts who partner with Product, Finance, Marketing, and Data Engineering. You and team will also develop ad hoc analysis of the organizational impact and value of Slack as a product. You will be intensely focused on instilling a culture of operational and data excellence across your team!
This role cannot be done remotely. It is based at Slack HQ in San Francisco, CA.
- Build dashboards for scale, and provide ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Identify harmonies in data stories by partnering with Finance, product, and Marketing Data Science teams.
- Define key business metrics for Sales and Customer Support that must be well monitored and operationalized.
- Seek opportunities to strengthen your team impact by understanding business challenges and demonstrating analytic techniques to find innovative solutions.
- Lead Portfolio discussions with Sales to prioritize requests, make commitments, trade-off and identify any resource gaps.
- Drive data accessibility and culture by helping Sales understand, observe, and action data and analysis across interpretation, socialization, and adoption of insights.
- Optimally lead partners, domain-experts, executives and other internal groups through effective clear communication.
- Advise business leaders by providing data-driven strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Hire, develop and lead Analysts while playing an active hands-on role in work you are doing on the team (coach/player).
- Drive growth plans for team members and provide opportunities to help achieving and surpass goals!
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, other technical fields or equivalent practical experience.
- MS/MBA or PhD in quantitative field is preferred.
- +8 years of experience in Analytics, consulting or equivalent analytical and Project Management experience supporting Sales organizations.
- Experience in leading Analytics projects from inception to delivery, including developing structured solutions.
- Outstanding business acumen with a deep understanding of business drivers, value-creation, and an ability to turn them into clear stories for sales to be informed or to action them.
- Thought leadership in applying data driven insights for the Sales org.
- Knowledge and work experience with advanced analytics techniques and methods.
- Track record of pushing the boundaries of data and developing novel approaches to shed new light on difficult questions.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.