People Operations Generalist, EMEA
Slack is looking for a globally-minded People Generalist to support our growing EMEA presence. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
What we need:
Someone with EMEA HR subject-matter expertise and language skills who brings a high level of customer service, enthusiasm, intelligence and common sense to our People Operations team. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. This role will report to the Director of People Operations based in San Francisco and work closely with the other members of the local Dublin People team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the development, and ensure consistent compliance of corporate HR policies and processes across locations.
- Play a lead role in on-boarding and off-boarding employees.
- Be primary point-person for employee queries.
- Coordinate EMEA employment compliance efforts.
- Assist with the management of probations across locations, as needed.
- Document, maintain and communicate core HR processes to stakeholders, managers and employees
- Support the People Operations team with documentation and paperwork with regards to benefits, policies, leaves, etc.
- Partner with other People, Payroll, Equity and Workplace team subject matter experts to ensure alignment and to create a strong, cross-functional team that executes on company-wide initiatives.
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging HR systems to automate and eliminate manual work where possible.
- Coordinate with the People Operations team across the globe as needed, ensure smooth day-to-day operations and administration of the offices.
- Participate or lead various People projects and initiatives, as needed.
What you should have:
- 3+ years experience in an HR or business operations role, ideally in a global Technology company
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compliance, benefits, leaves, employee relations, and employment law for European countries
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a high activity, dynamic environment
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- You exhibit a sense of urgency and accountability. Nothing “isn’t your job”
- Experience with HRIS applications, specifically Workday highly desired
- Fluency in English and German and/or French with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree and CIPD or other European HR certification preferred.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.