Sr. Unified Communications Engineer, Media Productions
As Sr. Unified Communications Engineer on the Media Operations team at Slack, you will work closely with key BizTech and Workplace stakeholders to ensure all UC related systems are maintained and configured to meet the needs of the enterprise. Ensuring the overall health of our Video Conferencing, Telephony, Wayfinding, and Digital Signage systems will be essential to making our organization more productive.
You must excel at designing, building and maintaining robust AV systems to support the business, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams. The role will also require experience on build-projects and will function as the main point to coordinate with workplace teams on new builds as well as expansion projects focusing on AV, Network and peripherals.
In this role, you will report to the Manager of Media Operations, based in San Francisco. The team provides the technology and IT support that makes our employees more productive including, but not limited to, video conferencing, live event support, video production, post production, digital signage, wayfinding kiosks, new builds and facilities upgrades and SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools.
This role cannot be done remotely. It is based in the Slack Denver Office.
- Responsible for technology within the conference room environments. Break/fix managed with in house and vendor resources.
- Lead system maintenance, patching and upgrade plans for all UC systems.
- Audio DSP configurations and tuning (QSC/BiAmp).
- Test plans and configuration of new technology to improve UC standards.
- Documentation and training on existing and new technologies.
- Maintain inventory and configuration documentation of UC equipment.
- Serve as main POC for new builds & upgrades, working closely with the Workplace and related BizTech teams.
- Maintain design and build standards and review changes with stakeholders.
- Establish build timelines and maintain project tracking.
- Develop and maintain AV, Network, Peripherals plan.
- Review drawings and provide sign-off.
- Maintain and execute on procurement plans.
- Assemble build budgets, estimates and value engineering options.
- Attend weekly build planning meetings for each project.
- Attend construction phase rough walk-ins.
- Installation and vendor management.
- Lead all aspects of commissioning and handovers to service owners
- Cross functional coordination with key stakeholders
- Travel could be up to 50% of time.
- 8+ years in UC Engineering, with experience working on new builds and upgrades.
- Work experience with systems located across multiple global locations.
- BA/BS, or relevant experience, is required.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts with clarity and ease.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Denver, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.