Sr. IT Systems Engineer, Identity
As a member of Business Technology (BizTech) at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. Slack is a global company, and these services are critical to ensuring our employees have delightful technology experiences. We also partner with the Slack Product team internally to help make the platform better through feedback and insight from an IT perspective.
The BizTech Operations team is seeking an engineer with an accomplished background in the implementation, administration, and automation of identity services for our end users internally. This role will partner with every team in the company to design, implement, and support our identity experience, with a focus on quality and craftsmanship.
This role cannot be done remotely. It is based at our Slack office in Denver.
- Development of the technology roadmap for our corporate identity systems across Slack, in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Identify and implement any new technology or upgrades necessary to provide our users with an amazing identity experience.
- Design and implement the necessary RBAC model for our corporate identities.
- Design and implement, in conjunction with other teams, any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups.
- Define the workflows needed to efficiently and securely onboard and off-board users at Slack.
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders on IT-related initiatives and projects.
- Collaborating with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on a technical specification.
- Providing technical oversight and mentorship to more junior team members.
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and support identity systems in a corporate environment
- 4+ years of experience with Single Sign On (SSO) tools
- Specific experience with Okta, optional experience with Sailpoint or other IGA tools
- Experience in an ITGC/SOX-regulated environment
- Familiar with SAML, SCIM, OpenID Connect, OAuth, MFA, Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- You have the ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- You have the ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
- You have excellent reliability, dependability, and integrity.
- You have solid attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have great people and communication skills and are driven to solve people's problems.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.