Director, Demand Generation Campaigns
This is a newly formed role for Slack, and this Director will create and manage pipeline-generating marketing campaigns primarily from Slack’s pool of existing users. You will drive lead generation programs that engage with users through the buying cycle. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic planning skills, the ability to identify unique and creative marketing solutions to drive growth, marketing expertise, and operational excellence.
You are a master project manager and are known for your immaculate attention to detail. You’re seen as a go-to person within your function to get things done. You understand the importance of communication and the value of tight relationships, cross-functionally as well as within your direct team. You have a proven history of analyzing data to create user segments, and launching campaigns that reach, engage, and inspire those users toward action.
You will have significant experience executing and analyzing the performance of marketing campaigns that drive conversions for both self-serve and sales funnels, and be excited by the opportunity to build marketing programs from scratch.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead integrated marketing programs, including setting strategy, developing forecasts, evaluating appropriate budget levels, and measuring results
- A/B Testing campaigns to trial new ideas for effectiveness
- Create the strategies and campaign messaging, content, assets and channel strategy deliver required business growth results across paid, owned and earned channels
- You will work closely with the broader marketing, product, and sales teams to ensure that campaign messaging resonates with our desired audiences. You should have a strong grasp of current digital and demand marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Streamline and simplify processes to drive frictionless, uncompromisingly simple campaign execution
- Create and manage alignment with Sales teams and create feedback loops between teams
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of related growth, demand generation, or customer marketing experience; building full-funnel global campaigns in the technology industry preferred
- Enterprise marketing experience at a software company required
- Proven experience planning, designing and executing campaigns with global reach
- Database marketing expertise with creating user segmentation lists. SQL knowledge a big plus
- Working knowledge of Pardot or Salesforce Marketing Cloud to design, build and execute integrated programs including landing pages, emails, forms and reporting
- Strong project management skills including production schedules, budgets, stakeholder coordination, and agency/vendor oversight
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and methods
- A solid understanding of integrated, multi-touch, multi-channel marketing design based on a foundation of data and analysis; the direct experience with building campaigns, optimizing reach, awareness, and nurture, and adjusting for optimization
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.