Sr. Manager, Product Design
We are hiring a Senior Product Design Manager to help build and lead a team that is defining the future of work and productivity tools. Product Design Managers serve a vital role at Slack: they elevate the health, growth, and development of their team, as well as care for the overall business. They have a passion for design excellence expressed through thoughtful creative direction and occasionally rolling up their sleeves to lead by example.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate design leaders who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team of Product Designers focused on the future of work and productivity tools. Specifically, you’ll focus on how Slack operates with work essentials such as email, meetings, documents, tasks, and calls.
- Work with your product partners, product area leadership, and design leadership to drive design vision and strategy. Help turn business objectives into customer centered problems and steer team strategy.
- Meet regularly with Product Designers to give and gather feedback on project progress, career development, work satisfaction, and happiness.
- Help guide and improve design processes.
- Ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for a Product Designer’s ability, desire, and time.
- Define and drive design hiring goals. Recruit and interview new Product Designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our design hiring process.
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers.
- Extensive and relevant work experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and design ideation.
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.