Sr. Manager, Partner Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Partner Engineering to further develop and lead the global team that works side-by-side with the largest enterprise software companies and next-generation leaders to build great solutions for our mutual customers.
You will be responsible for overall team leadership and development while also working with key strategic partners like Amazon, Google, Workday, and Salesforce. Our Partner Engineering team works directly with partner teams as they build apps on our platform, from defining integration use cases to how it interacts with our APIs. You and your team will work side-by-side with our BD team in developing new and growing existing relationships. You will advocate for our developer ecosystem’s needs internally, collaborate closely with platform product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define new features, and work with our go-to-market business development and solutions engineering teams to ensure Slack takes a coordinated approach to the market.
Partner engineering leadership requires proven leadership and team building success, a deep technical background, and clear communication and relationship development skills. You love building successful teams, helping people solve problems and speaking at events.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop and lead Slack’s growing global team of Partner Engineers.
- Drive successful adoption of Slack’s platform by developers through direct interaction, team interactions with partners and broader advocacy at conferences and events.
- Advocate for developers internally and collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other colleagues to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem.
- Work with our largest partners on crafting the best possible experiences for joint users; be an authority on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns.
- Ensure the team and developers are supported through coordination with broader Developer Relations on standard methodologies, code samples, documentation, and tools.
What you should have
- 7+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, or developer advocacy experience
- 3+ years in management and teams of 10+ engineers
- Proven technical underpinnings, both operational and design of APIs, tokens, security issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Consistent track record in successfully launching major products and programs with large scale strategic partners
- Experience leading product development efforts with large scale enterprise companies
- Experience working with leaders across functions (business development, product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problems we are solving
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.