Senior Executive Presentation Designer
Slack is hiring a Senior Designer to support the CEO with internal and external communications. This includes designing presentations for keynotes, events and internal initiatives. You will collaborate with the communications team to help shape the strategy of a presentation from concept to execution. We appreciate designers with a knack for visual storytelling that is strategic, creative and clear. Your calm demeanor and flexibility in the face of evolving priorities are second nature. Knowledge of illustration, animation or videography are an added bonus. The ideal candidate for this role is proactive, collaborative and a strong conceptual thinker, and excited to help bring big ideas to life.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Execute the design for high-visibility projects such as executive keynotes, all-hands, leadership meetings, and board meetings.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Use empathy and listening skills to channel executive speaking style into visuals.
- Strategically translate broad business goals and qualitative and quantitative data into visuals to communicate complex ideas in a simple and memorable way.
- Recommend creative solutions that demonstrate brand guidelines, adhere to best practices and are inclusive of feedback.
- Art direct illustrators, animators, and videographers as needed to create any assets needed for presentations.
- Troubleshoot project or process problems as they arise and initiate solutions as needed.
What you should have
- 5-7 years of design experience with an outstanding portfolio, showcasing typography, visual and presentation design. Illustration, animation, and videography skills are a plus.
- Experience working with executives.
- Proficient in Adobe CS, Google Suite, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- A knack for storytelling that is strategic, conceptual and creative.
- Prioritization of business needs and an understanding of how they drive company priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, time and project management skills.
- You seek out feedback and are skilled at providing feedback to leadership.
- Flexible when priorities shift and thoughtful about how that impacts goals.
- High-bar for quality while pushing to find the best solution to meet objectives.
- Travel as needed for CEO design support required.
- Given the nature of the leaders you will be partnering with, you are highly discrete, accountable, and calm under pressure.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.