Manager, Sales Operations
As the Manager, Sales Operations, you will support Slack’s rapidly growing sales and customer success organization through high impact leadership, operational execution, process innovation, and strong stakeholder management. You and your team of 3 individual contributors will be responsible for Sales incentive compensation (commissions, SPIFFs, quotas) design, administration, and data-driven insights. You will also act as approver for any requests for deviation against the planned hiring time series (i.e. pull-forwards, swaps, above-plan capacity augmentation, etc.), ensuring appropriate impact on quotas and budget. Alongside recurring operational milestones, you will have exposure to SVP of Global Sales and VP of GTM Operations through ad-hoc high-impact project work. The right candidate will bring domain expertise of B2B direct sales and Enterprise SaaS business models as well as excel in fast-paced dynamic environments.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partnering with leadership to create and communicate incentive compensation plans for the sales team
- Create and maintain a sales capacity planning model, with current data on sales performance, ramp times, ramped ACV productivity, etc
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of incentive compensation plans, payout reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization
What you should have
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales operations
- Experience in a management role in Finance, Operations, Business Development, or other related fields
- A track record of strong SOX-compliant business-process design, enhancement, and maintenance
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- Proven experience with systems/tools utilized for sales operations processes (in this role, you’ll be primarily working with Salesforce, Xactly, Anaplan, and Workday HRIS)
- Strong communication skills and comfort presenting to senior leadership
- Bachelor degree in business, economics, or other quantitative disciplines
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.