Senior Open-Source Engineer
The Developer Relations team is looking for engineers to support and grow our developer ecosystem by creating open-source tools, SDKs, and samples that make it simple and delightful to use Slack's platform. In this role, you'll work closely with the Platform Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to scope, build, and release products that enhance developer experience on our platform.
As part of the Developer Relations team, you'll also spend substantial time interacting with our developers online and in person; we value open dialogue and work in the open on GitHub. Join us to help build a community and products together.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Build and maintain developer SDKs that highlight best practices and useful techniques, including thoughtful documentation and examples.
- Improve the experience on our developer website, including writing web-based tools to make developers' jobs easier.
- Assist adoption of new features through both code and conversation, while also gathering developer feedback on existing and potential future Platform features.
- Work with Platform Product and Engineering teams on behalf of developers to improve the Platform directly.
What you should have
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in person and with distributed team members. Excellent English proficiency.
- A passion for helping other people generally, and developers specifically, as well as for Slack itself
- Experience in developer relations, or other customer-facing roles
- Experience developing platforms, SDKs, or developer tools
- Track record of open-source contributions and community involvement a plus
- Experience working on cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.