Manager, Global Recruiting Operations
Slack is looking for an exceptional Global Recruiting Operations Manager to join our growing People team. The goal of this department is to enable the Global Talent Acquisition function to allow Slack to scale at the pace needed to support Slack’s growth trajectory. We are looking for a data driven individual who has a passion for operational excellence, innovation and is aligned to our team’s mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive, in line with Slack’s mission.
If you enjoy a dynamic position where you can mentor a team of recruiting operations professionals, and bridging the gap between vision and execution, this role at Slack could be for you. You will also partner with the recruiting leadership team to drive the operational cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of data insights to Executive Staff, Quarterly Business Reviews and Board Meetings and other Ad hoc.
Sound like you? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
You’ll be reporting directly to the Global Head of Recruiting Infrastructure and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including
- Build lead, coach and manage a team of four operations professionals
- Partner cross functionally across all functions at Slack to drive operational excellence
- Serve as global program manager for strategic initiatives including budget planning, project and program plans, business cases, and providing executive updates and communications
- Process & Technology Excellence
- Implement technology and process improvements across the global recruiting organization
- Execute on future vision for building an end to end hiring experience utilizing Slack’s technology
- ATS Enablement
- Contribute to global recruiting strategy as related to technology, tools, workflows and data delivery
- Serve as a SME point of contact for the Recruiting team - providing expertise to empower them to do their jobs successfully
- Process Stewardship - Ensure global compliance for all recruiting systems, tools and processes (GDPR, OFCCP, staying in touch with changing legal landscape), and standing up audit processes and reporting for hiring activity and providing ad hoc reporting, global scorecarding
- Data Insights/Talent Analytics
- Develop 1st ever analytics roadmap and stand up new in-team capabilities to provide operational reporting, dashboards, scorecards and data insights
- Run client experience survey program for candidate and hiring manager feedback, providing regular insights and recommendations to recruiting leadership
- Build a recruiting capacity / demand model and reporting cadence based on historic data to drive predictability and create connectivity within the business
- Vendor Management & Tool Optimization
- Oversee evaluation, implementation and optimization of Recruiting systems (CRM & ATS) and tools portfolio (skills testing, GEM, Americas Job Exchange, Linkedin, Glassdoor, etc)
- Partner with procurement on contracts and licenses, SLA management, etc
- Learning Enablement
- Develop 1st ever learning enablement roadmap and stand up new in-team capabilities to design and provide recruiter onboarding and ongoing training, interviewer enablement and build from ground up Slack’s first “Recruiting University”
- Facilitate and develop on-boarding and ongoing training for recruiters, hiring managers, and teams on tools and best practices
What you should have
- 5-8 years experience related experience ideally working in a Recruiting / People / Sales Operations team and/or relevant consulting
- 3+ years in a people leadership capacity
- Hands on experience with an ATS (we use Greenhouse) and HRIS (we use Workday), experience with Slack and other solutions in the recruiting tech stack are a plus
- Experience in project management / roadmap development, change management, communication plan development and operational process implementation- PMP and/or scrum master certifications are a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills, comfortable working with data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investments
- Demonstrated experience selecting, implementing and vendor managing HR/Recruiting software and/or third-party tools and experience with any AI/recruiting tools preferred
- Solid knowledge of legal and regulatory/compliance global landscape in hiring space (GDPR, OFCCP, etc)
- Experience working in a global environment
- Proven expertise in Google Sheets, Excel documents, recruiting dashboards, and native reports in the ATS
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn. You understand that everything you do impacts our candidates and internal client groups. No task is too small and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.