Sr. Product Manager, Insights
Slack's Insights team builds data products to help leaders and administrators better understand how their organization collaborates on Slack.
We're seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead our portfolio of analytics products. This Product Manager will guide the design, development, and delivery of comprehensive data sets and APIs, actionable dashboards, and data-driven recommendations. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and an entire industry by creating the quantitative narrative for channel-based communication.
Do you get excited about turning abstract collaboration concepts into metrics? Do you want to help leaders and admins successfully manage a product that makes their colleague’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Great. Come work at Slack!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for owning the product vision for how leaders and admins understand the usage of Slack for their organization, driving the product roadmap and execution.
- You will drive execution in collaboration with your Product Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Design peers: making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution and anticipating risks.
- You’ll be comfortable rolling up your sleeves with the Slack data model to define new metrics. This may include writing some SQL, exploring our Data Warehouse, and/or manipulating data in spreadsheets.
- You’ll represent the needs of our largest customers company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
- You will collaborate with business development, sales and other cross-functional teams to work with external partners who are building data products to support our largest customers.
- You’ll run collaborative user research and analytics studies to understand Slack user behavior and determine the best ways to represent that quantitatively to our customers.
What you should have
- Proven track record of shipping elegant, pleasant, and productive user-facing data products at scale.
- Experience working with enterprise customers to understand their challenges and build solutions to meet their needs.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Comfort using SQL, BI tools, Excel, or other methods of exploring data independently.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.