Sr. Product Manager, Design Systems
10 million people use Slack every single day, and every single one of them uses our clients - in particular desktop and mobile. Slack is a new way of working that enables every organization to operate with more agility as a team. We're looking for a Senior Product Manager in Vancouver to focus on making it even easier to use Slack via every platform where Slack is available.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Developing an internal UI system and functionalities that are leveraged by all teams at Slack.
- Driving execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication.
- Partnering with other product managers and designers on mobile development throughout the product, ensuring Slack is built with a mobile mindset on every feature
- Help build a vision that supports Slack users on mobile and desktop to better navigate and understand Slack
- Prioritizing and designing features for a variety of end users that span every type of knowledge worker in the world, in particular looking at the needs of emerging markets
What you should have
- Strong communication and leadership skills; ability to influence others and build alignment to a vision
- You have a track record of working with engineering and partner teams: people want to work with you again
- You have a real passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
- Accessibility knowledge a plus - You have built products for Users requiring assistive technologies
- Technical experience a plus
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- 5+ years* of product management, designer, or data science experience
- Experience building and launching productivity app experiences at scale.
- Enterprise software experience in user-facing tools strongly preferred.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving.
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo.
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 10+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.