People Program Manager, Workday
Slack’s People Operations team is looking for a globally-minded Workday Program Manager to scope, design and implement efficient and scalable HCM solutions for the People and Places team. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What we need:
Someone with broad, practical knowledge of Workday who can identify, help prioritize, and manage People team HCM projects from inception through completion, solving for current needs and anticipating the challenges of the future. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We’re looking for a critical thinker who is naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, driving and maintaining the People Ops Workday HCM project roadmap
- Serving the People team as a subject matter expert on Workday
- Acting as a liaison to the BizTech/HR Systems team, keeping abreast of priorities and upcoming events that might impact People team projects
- Ensuring that functional requirements are gathered and translated into business requirement documents, project plans are created and maintained, and solutions are identified and deployed
- Coordinating the completion of tasks with BizTech and People team members
- Providing pre and post-launch end-user support, testing, change management, and training as needed
- Maintaining strong working relationships with Workday users across the organization
What you should have:
- 3+ years of experience with Workday in any of the following areas: HCM Core, Advanced Compensation, Global Absence Management, Performance Management, Manager Self-Service, Report writing & calculated fields, Business Process Reform & Efficiency or Security Roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to present systems information to a non-technical audience, and an ability to understand and translate business requirements into configurable solutions
- Holistic approach to solving Business issues including understanding system interdependencies and keeping an overall view of the end-to-end user experience in mind
- Strong business relationship and partnership skills and experience with employees from varied departments and of all levels
- Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction when priorities change
- A scrappy, get stuff done attitude and ability to complete high-quality projects quickly in ‘fast follow’ phases
- A passion for learning new technologies quickly and teaching others what you’ve learned
- Experience managing complex HR projects to successful completion
- Familiarity with Slack strongly preferred
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.