Business Development Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help our partners grow and to help our cross-functional team work smarter. You will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic partners across the software development vertical. Ideally, you like Platforms and enjoy helping users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive and find delight in building successful businesses (for both our partners and Slack).
What you will be doing
- Drive adoption of Slack’s platform among companies offering software products and services to businesses and business users
- Own the growth of Slack’s B2B partner ecosystem while facilitating product and platform collaboration between partners and internal product teams
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans
What you should have
- 4+ years of relevant business development experience; background in software development partnerships
- 8+ years overall work experience
- B2B SaaS experience and a passion about Slack, our platform and the problem we are solving
- A thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.