Sales Operations, Deal Strategy Lead
As Deal Strategy/Deal Desk Lead, you will be joining the Sales Operations team in supporting a high growth, fast paced Sales and Customer Success org. In this role, you will be reviewing non-standard terms within Enterprise Sales contracts to ensure they are approved by the necessary stakeholders and are not exposing Slack to superfluous or unintended concessions and risk.
Your primary function will be to partner with Sales to structure contracts that mutually benefit Slack and its Customers. Successful candidates will be problem solvers with strong intrapersonal skills, allowing them to introduce healthy friction into deal negotiation while maintaining strong and productive rapport with the Sales team. Candidates will imperatively have a blend of finance, legal, and accounting acumen as well as general strong business judgement.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales; identify and recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field
- Guide sales teams in the deal flow process and ensure smooth handoffs to Order Management and Revenue Operations; drive enhancements to the quote-to-order processes and policies
What you should have
- 4-6 years of work experience (familiarity with Enterprise Software industry in a Deal Desk, Finance, or Sales Operations role experience preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Comfortable communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce and financial modeling in Excel
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.