Developer Content Writer
The Developer Relations team is seeking a technical writer to handle our ongoing documentation needs and support content maintenance. You’ll work with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a delightful learning experience. As part of our team, you’ll also spend time interacting with our developers and synthesizing their feedback for the benefit of content revision and potential Platform features.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Write, edit, and schedule wonderful long-form documentation that projects our voice and tone
- Supervise and scale the collection and resolution of documentation feedback from various sources
- Regularly reinvent and revamp our existing collection of developer-facing documentation
- Get involved with API feature design, helping to improve developer usability
What you should have
- 3+ years experience in developer relations, developer support, and/or writing documentation for developer-focused software
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Experience developing against the Slack platform
- Familiarity with API specification formats like OpenAPI
- Creative writing background
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.