Sr. Manager, Customer Success Portfolio Strategy
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, embrace it widely, and are continually driving business value from Slack.
You will be a critical member of the Customer Success Go-To-Market (GTM) team. You will be responsible for defining, operationalizing, and maintaining a portfolio of Customer Success and Professional Services offerings with the goal of accelerating Slack adoption and driving critical business value for our enterprise customers. You will need to meld creative product thinking, an appetite for calculated bets, a thirst for learning, and thoughtful use of data in order to build an exceptional experience for our customers.
This position has a significant impact on our customer’s ongoing success with Slack and is an exciting opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute in a dynamic environment. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management, and interpersonal skills. You will need to communicate effectively across multiple departments and have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop solution strategy and the roadmap of Customer Success and Professional Services offerings for Slack’s enterprise customers
- Become an authority in your solution area and identify areas of improvement through research and data
- Facilitate features and experiments end-to-end, including making thoughtful solution decisions, writing offering specs, driving cross-functional execution, and sharing insights and results with the Customer Success management team
- Define, understand, and improve key performance indicators for meaningful positioning of these offerings and how to address key challenges throughout a customer’s journey with Slack
- Collaborate with product and/or CS marketing to position the offerings in a compelling way
- Collaborate with internal business development and alliances teams to align on SI partner-led solutions that support enterprise customer needs
What you should have
- 8+ years of relevant consulting, strategy, or product management experience with a Customer Success aligned team in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Experience leading major strategy or growth initiatives for Customer Success or Professional Services functions. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Exceptional project management skills (i.e. plan and manage scope to reasonable timelines)
- Expert ability to build trust and gain consensus across multiple cross-functional teams
- Are a clear and effective communicator
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Corporate collaboration experience desired
- Product or Customer Success marketing experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.