Sr. Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity
Engineers at Slack depend on fast and reliable test infrastructure to build confidence in their changes while still being able to merge code in frequently. To make this happen, Slack is looking for an engineering manager for our Test Infrastructure team.
This Test Infrastructure team is responsible for the infrastructure that runs our very active continuous integration pipeline, running thousands of tests continuously across every change, across most of our core services.
This is a management position based in San Francisco, California. As part of the Internal Tools department, you will work closely with the rest of the Internal Tools teams and our partner groups across Engineering to help our engineers build, test and release high-quality code quickly and safely.
What you will be doing:
- Building a team that understands how to build systems that are easy to operate and are reliable.
- Connecting with groups across engineering to understand their development and test infrastructure needs.
- Aligning the team on key outcomes and measures.
- Supporting frequent and effective feedback between team members.
- Developing communication programs that connect the team to the rest of the organization and support daily prioritization and decision-making for the team.
- Developing a humane on-call rotation to support these highly-available systems.
What you should have:
- You have 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are passionate about management, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your reports’ success.
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in CI/CD, AWS and running highly-available systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.