We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s platform partners. In this role, you’ll work directly with external partner teams to help them build apps on our platform, defining integration use cases with Product Managers and Designers and guiding technical design using Slack’s APIs with Developers. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and launch new features.
Partner engineering is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. To thrive in this role, you’ll be passionate about working closely with partners and our product team to achieve goals, while advocating for Slack’s platform through teaching and public speaking.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work with and directly support our partners while they craft the best possible experiences for users in Slack
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, webinars, documentation, and contributing to our team’s technical toolset
- Craft presentations and work with partners to prepare for GTM launches
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Slack to run beta programs for new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
What you should have
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, product management, developer advocacy, or related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- A passion for working with people, paired with excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
- A great listener—find the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.