Systems Development Manager
We’re looking for a Systems Development Manager (JIRA Admin) to own system configuration and maintenance for our Product Engineering organization. Slack relies on JIRA as a business-critical system of record to support design, execution, delivery and feedback of Slack’s core products. You will work closely with Technical Program Management, Product, Engineering and Biz Tech to create and maintain a complex configuration strategy to support software development and related functions.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Create and configure projects with workflows, issue types, screens, associated schemes and other elements typical of a highly customized JIRA system.
- Partner with BizTech to plan and execute upgrades, migrations and third-party integrations.
- Create schemes for permissions, notifications and security.
- Integrate JIRA with third-party systems such as Slack, Zendesk and Applause for ticket creation and handling.
- Manage and implement requests for new projects and configuration changes.
- Train admins and users, promote best practices and support internal customers.
- Align to and promote principles of general consistency with flexibility for different group working styles, simplicity and re-use.
What you should have
- 3 - 5 years as a JIRA System Administrator
- Experience supporting the system architecture of both Cloud and Server instances of JIRA
- Understanding of relational databases, SQL, and JIRA database architecture
- System administration, IT or technical operations background
- Experience using JIRA Rest API
- Deep understanding of Agile, Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience supporting technical and non-technical users.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.