Web Marketing Manager, EMEA
Slack is seeking an experienced web marketing manager to improve the effectiveness of our international websites in driving customer acquisition and creating demand.
Your mission will be to extend, optimise and elevate the international properties of Slack.com and our web marketing funnel in EMEA. Day to day activities include collaborating with in-country and centralised marketing teams to develop regionally focussed integrated web strategies that increase awareness, optimise our website experience and increase conversion rates. The ideal candidate will be an expert in site optimisation, personalisation, SEO, and web content best practices in European markets.
You will partner with product marketing, demand generation, design, editorial, and development teams in Europe and at HQ to develop, scope and implement digital initiatives that are consistent with global web marketing strategies and aligned to regional needs of the business.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Manage ongoing content updates to our websites, including copy, content/resources, and SEO, to keep the experience fresh, engaging, and relevant.
- Assess content effectiveness, and drive alignment between marketing campaign narratives and the website user experience and KPIs.
- Optimize the site experience for different audiences, including non-English, mobile, ad-driven, etc.
- Partner with the content marketing and digital marketing teams to create landing pages that drive traffic, nurture leads and increase new teams
- Manage A/B website tests and translate results into insights in order to determine optimal site design, content needs.
- Track and analyse website metrics and KPIs to assess website health, gain customer insights, and identify new ways to improve the sites.
- Oversee reporting, including key marketing performance indicators, tracking and testing data that is sent to key stakeholders
- Establish metrics for success partnering with analytics and business operations, interpret results, drive improvements and proactively identify opportunities for growth
What you should have
We're looking for someone with talent and a passion for web strategy, that leads to execution and impact.
- 5+ years of experience web marketing experience, ideally in a global SaaS business
- A track record of successful online program execution in both B2B and B2C settings, particularly within freemium subscription products
- Strong sense of design and an understanding of website structure/navigation and consumer usability principles
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding data and executing across channels to create customer-focused product experiences
- Strong user research skills and experience with tools including Clicktale, CrazyEgg, UserTesting.com etc
- Ability to identify popular themes and types of content our audience would engage with and align them with the appropriate channels.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Looker, SQL and testing and personalization platforms such as Optimizely
- Sufficient understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Highly organised and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in French or German would be an advantage
- BA/BS or relevant experience in marketing, computer science, or related fields.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.