Native Clients Infrastructure Engineer
LibSlack is an application back-end library written in C++ that encapsulates functionality common to all native Slack clients. Our responsibilities include providing a data model API, local data persistence and caching, shared business logic, and syncing with Slack servers. The goal of LibSlack is to reduce code duplication and improve consistency and quality across clients, enabling Slack to develop new features faster and with increased confidence.
As a long-term infrastructure team, we're looking for engineers who enjoy writing clean, maintainable code supported by unit tests. We're a cross-functional team that regularly collaborates with native client and server teams when designing and consuming new APIs, providing plenty of opportunity to show off your software design skills.
- Deep experience with an object-oriented programming language
- Experience building performant and reliable native libraries
- Experience in concurrent/multi-threaded programming
- Solid understanding of distributed systems: caching strategies, reliability and consistency trade-offs, latency and throughput trade-offs
- Experience building developer-friendly APIs
- Experience with building and releasing software for one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android, OS X, Windows
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with a C-based language
- Experience working in cross-functional environments
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build systems
- Famliarity with commonly-used networking protocols and layers, such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S) and WebSockets
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.