Manager, Sales Systems
As Manager, Sales Technology, you will build and strengthen a team that implements and supports the business technology that enables our Marketing organization at Slack. You will develop and lead a team of Business Systems Analysts and Developers who are passionately engaged in delivering results and outstanding customer engagement. You and your team will own the building of intuitive technology experiences across some of our most critical sales systems
You and team will partner closely with various functions to assess business needs with the aim of gaining a competitive advantage. Your natural drive for innovation will fuel creative solutions that showcase how Slack makes employees' lives simpler, more pleasant and productive.
You will make significant contributions to the success of the IT organization. You will use your people skills, business sense and expertise in the most recent technologies to provide creative ways to hire, develop and also retain the most capable talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to head an innovative team at one of the fastest growing companies in enterprise software. You will be well positioned to be the best Slack “customer” and provide real-world feedback to help the company grow. The ideal candidate has a vision for the future of the user experience in the modern enterprise, and is focused on finding and evolving the technology stack that will make our users’ work lives better.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Go-to-Market IT. You are a high-energy, self-starter with an ambitious spirit and the ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape. You enjoy and excel at team building and development, as well as collaborating with multi-functional teams. Technical expertise and a passion for innovation are crucial for this role, but you'll balance that with a solid background in building and developing teams and careers. You have a compassionate, but direct, approach to leadership that creates transparency for your team and partners across the business.
If reading all this has made you scream to yourself, “YES! This IS my dream career move!“, please send us your chronological resume so that we explore further.
- Hire, lead and develop Business Systems Analysts & Developers while being actively involved in running and growing business initiatives, as a team member as well as a coach.
- Develop strategy and planning with an eye to delivering technology solutions that impact every employee at Slack.
- Establish and adhere to standard methodologies in analysis, design and test to ensure the team is providing outstanding quality work and is consistently gaining everyone's trust.
- Partner with other IT teams to align technology decisions, development standards, and overall strategy. Partner also with business functions to ensure value is delivered through innovative and effective solutions.
- Implement and run a premier sales technology stack and seek out opportunities for technology consolidation.
- Pursue user-impacting issues with the grit and determination needed to see them through to resolution.
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of Slack Business Technology.
- Effectively connect with internal and external partners on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential business risks.
- Establish and manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
- Growth learner with a deep passion for technology and for making things run better.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and help in making well reasoned decisions.
- Proven ability in IT Business Systems Analysis.
- Experienced knowledge Salesforce and the Sales SaaS Technology Stack
- Ability to guide the team through large projects and technical decisions that impact business users at Slack.
- Demonstrable ability to excel in a people leadership role.
- Desire to think creatively about how to bring the work people do back into Slack, through vendor-supplied and homegrown integrations and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.